The PBS News Documentary, Need to Know, did an informative episode on "food stamp" recipients last night, Portraits of Hunger: Stories of Americans on Food Stamps. It is a moving, yet objective look at what its like to be worried about food security in America. Almost half are children, approximately forty percent are working, but still fall below poverty guidelines, and many are elderly. Here is an excerpt. There are additional videos on the website, including commentary on poverty in America.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Agricultural Law Essentials
- New Online Network for Sustainability Research
- Food Sovereignty Movement Spawns Struggle for Loca...
- Marijuana Cultivation Is Agriculture, too. No?
- Adverse Animal Health Impacts Associated with Frac...
- Back to the Land: A Greece-U.S. Comparison
- Call for Papers: Rural Sociological Society's 75t...
- Law & the Future of the Food Movement
- "Safe and Suitable" Meat Processing Ingredients
- AALS Agricultural Law Presentation: Obama Administ...
- Law Professors Going Back to School
Subscribe to Agricultural Law