The New York Times reports that the USDA is dropping plans for the National Animal Identification System (NAIS). USDA Drops Plans to Drop Program to Trace Livestock, Feb. 5, 2010. The department will announce a new traceability plan based on state-based programs and the regulation of livestock shipped in interstate commerce. Information about the new approach is available on the USDA Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). Credit to Aimee Witteman,Executive Director, National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition for the link.
Friday, February 05, 2010
Agricultural Law Essentials
- Applications to LL.M. Program for Fall 2010
- Corporate Farming Articles and the Nebraska Consti...
- America's New Farmers
- Models of Local Food Distribution
- Atrazine and Groundwater
- Dr. King and Agricultural Law
- CPRBlog: Atrazine, Syngenta's Confidential Data, E...
- Private Sector Rural Economic Development - An Exa...
- Join me for a book discussion
- AALS Open Source Program: Food, Law, & Values
Subscribe to Agricultural Law